Phone 416-229-1479 Location 3089 Bathurst Street, suite 302, Toronto ON, M6A 2A4,Canada

Toronto Judgment Enforcement Services: Civil Litigations

Toronto judgment enforcement servicesIf you have won a judgment in court, but the respondent is still not paying what they've been ordered to pay, then you need Toronto judgment enforcement services from a legal expert you can rely on. if you're in Toronto, Civil Litigations kindly invites you to consider our legal expertise in your Toronto judgment enforcement case. Our knowledge of the law, our extensive experience in initiating judgment enforcement proceedings, and our low cost of services are attractive to everyone needing help enforcing a court order.

If you would like to discuss your case with a knowledgeable paralegal from Civil Litigations, we can talk with you either by phone or in our office. We'll go over your paperwork and all the details of your case and advise on how to move forward towards getting the money you deserve.

Why Choose Civil Litigations?

There are a few reasons why we think you'll be excited to partner with us as you seek to enforce a judgment, namely:

1. Civil Litigations paralegals operate at a fraction of the cost of lawyers and do pretty much the same work

2. Civil Litigations can sue the respondent not only to pay what the court ordered but to pay for your legal fees, essentially making our judgment enforcement services free for you

3. Civil Litigations has highly experienced paralegals who know how to make the respondent pay.

How Will the Court Enforce the Order?

The courts use the executive branch authority to execute their judgments. The court, through its contempt power, might order that the respondent pays a certain amount to the court upfront. If the respondent is gainfully employed, the court will most often ask that a certain amount of money be deducted from each one of their paychecks until they have satisfied their debt. In these cases, the money is garnished from the respondent's employer and paid to the court. Then, the court pays the money to the plaintiff.

You Need to Request the Court to Enforce the Order

Often, without the prevailing party (the plaintiff) asking the court to intercede, a judgment will usually be rendered and the plaintiff has to go about collecting the money on their own. Sometimes, a plaintiff can get a judgment certified and request that the court use its executive authority and send a notice to the sheriff along with a description of where the individual's property is so the sheriff can identify the property and seize it to sell at public auction. This is one method of Toronto judgment services.

Using a Lien or Freezing Accounts

A lien can also be placed on the non-compliant party's property. Putting a lien on a person's property can have all kinds of repercussions for the respondent. If they don't pay with a lien on their house, then the plaintiff can essentially foreclose on the home and have it sold at public auction by the sheriff. The judge can also order that the respondent's bank account be frozen and seized.

Toronto Judgment Enforcement Services

We welcome your comments!

Small Claims Court

Read More

Landlord and Tenant Board

Read More

Judgment Enforcement

Read More